More than 40 container companies (link to service map) offer services from the Port of Gothenburg each week. The wide range of services includes direct links to North America, North Africa, the Middle East, India, South Korea, China and other parts of Asia. There are also daily links to the major transshipment hubs on the continent with frequent feeder traffic.
First-rate container terminal
The majority of containers are handled by APM Terminals Gothenburg. The terminal is 80 hectares in size, is on a par with other modern, high-ranking international terminals and has all the facilities to handle your freight safely and efficiently.
A wide range of value-adding services are available within the port area, ranging from container depots and a container service to reloading of export and import goods and storage and logistics services.
- 70 per cent of Sweden's population, as well as the capital cities of Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm, can be reached within five hours
- 70 trains each day, of which 25 are part of the intermodal system Railport Scandinavia.
- Megaship-ready: capacity to handle 19 000+ TEU vessels 24/7
- Three 750 m trains can be handled at the same time at the container terminal
- Ice-free all year round
- The approach time from open sea to quayside is just 90 minutes
- Range of services covering the whole world every day of the week